A Stitch in Time and Space

This week's Project Quilting Challenge is a “Stitch in Time.” 

I thought a lot about how to represent this theme. After thinking through some serious options, I decided to have fun with it. Which meant I had to include "Stitch."






My husband, Fred, is a master of puns. He helped me ideate on this quilt - Stitch is stuck in an hourglass - get it?! :)



While I was mulling over how to do this, I had a chance to see Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession in Australia. She was visiting Arizona - I am in awe of her use of scale, color, contrast and value to create some beautiful original creations.

Inspired by her talk, this small composition contains a dresden, needle turn applique, raw edge applique, free motion quilting, stitch in the ditch and some wild graphics, florals and colors! I had fun!

If you like art, dreams and quilts, visit: 

http://persimondreams.blogspot.com/2018/03/95a-stitch-in-timechallenge-5-of.html

And if you like my quilt, vote for me!

Comments