Mommy's hope


Day 1 - "My baby is the beginning of all things new - wonder, hope and the promise of beautiful things!"








Day 2: "Having a baby is like suddenly getting the world's worst roommate."




Day 3: "I guess I will keep him”




My wall art measures 12" by 16". I love little baby quails and it was the perfect opportunity to find a way to use one with the Project Quilting challenge, "Hope Springs Eternal." 
Recently, my Pinterest is crowded with work from Sandra Leichner (http://sandraleichner.com/). I am in awe of the intricacy and beauty of her art. So this post is inspired by her work!

I found some quail drawings on the internet which I enlarged in Microsoft Word. Then I cut them to shape and attached batiks. I completed the birds with raw edge applique. It was the perfect time to use my new magnifying glass/lamp (https://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Full-Page+Floor+Magnifying+Lamp/200370) 

Santa was good to me this year!  

I was happy to use up scraps for the background and the greenery and most of the birdies. I did have to buy a few fat quarters for the look of feathers on the Mommy Birdy. 

Happy with what I could do in one day!! So happy PQ is back. 






Comments

Post a Comment